Friday 9 November 2012

Week 42 - More Progress


Another week down, another 3.5 pounds down.  I blame stress, as I also lost 3.4 pounds the week previously, which is a little much.  Not that I am complaining - - I will take any weight loss and hug it to my bosom and cherish it. 

I now weigh 261.5 pounds, for a total weight loss of  72.4 pounds.  This represents a total loss of 22% of my pre-workout body weight, and 43% of my overall goal.  Slowly but surely I am chipping away at my weight.  It will be another full year, at least, before I come close to reaching my objective, but I am making good progress right now. 

I had a normal blood sugar reading this week, but only the one.  I am not overjoyed with my fasting blood sugar levels, but they are lower than last month.  Any overall decrease has got to be positive, right?

In the spirit of keeping things interesting I am going to step up the weights next week, and move up to the 6 pound dumbbells (rather than the 4 pound baby weights I am currently using).  I will start at 2 sets of 12 reps with the higher weight, and see how that feels.  3 sets of 12 using the 4 pound dumbbells is fine - - I feel the effort with the third set, but it is readily doable.  I am hoping that I will feel the same effects using the higher weight and lower sets. 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! Good luck upping things next week, but be careful and don't hurt anything. It looks like you are doing it nice and slow, so that is good. I would love to see a before and after picture

    ReplyDelete