Thursday 30 May 2013

Moment of Clarity at the Dentist Today

Photo courtesy Dzzi, licenced CC-BY-SA
I had a dentist appointment today.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it has been 22 years since my last dental appointment.  So you can imagine my nerves going into the dentist's office this morning.  When I last went to the dentist Bush I was President of the United States, Brian Mulroney was Prime Minister of Canada and Good Vibrations from Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch was the #1 song. ... and now I officially feel old.

Anyhow, it has been more than 2 decades since I last permitted a stranger to root around in my mouth, and I was expecting the worst.  I will skip to the end for just a second to eliminate the suspense - - my new dentist is a very nice man, the tooth I knew had a big hole in it has a big hole in it, and I have two small cavities on my upper and lower left wisdom teeth, but everything else looks great. Everything went better than expected.

The best part of the whole process?  Filling out the new patient intake form.  You know, the one with all the questions like "are you allergic to any medications?" [sulfa] and "do you have a family history of heart disease, cancer or diabetes?" [yes, yes and yes!]  My favourite question?  "have you experienced any changes in your health in the past year?"  My answer: "Yes.  I am much healthier than last year."

And it is true.  I love that!  It made my whole day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment