Sunday 15 June 2014

... and I did it again!

Walked a long distance, that is.

Today's objective was to walk 8.5 miles, and the Nerd and I walked just over 9 miles in 2 and 3/4 hours.  Today's training walk took us straight up Yonge Street from King subway station up to Lawrence subway station, then across Lawrence Avenue to Lawrence West subway station.  From there we took the subway back downtown to King station, then walked down to Front and Market streets to wrap up the walk.

I know that yesterday I felt pretty good until around 8 miles and today's walk likely wouldn't be too uncomfortable, but I was still surprised how good I felt today.  I had some aches and pains in both hip flexors, and a little bit in my feet, but overall I am not aching too badly at all today, and I felt relatively comfortable during the entire walk. 

I was even more surprised by this because today's walk was almost entirely uphill, thanks to a fact of Toronto's geography - - the farther you get from the lake, the higher you go.  I still felt pretty good, though, even with the hills. 

Of course, I feel pretty good ending my walk, too, and I was not at all tempted to keep walking.  21 miles in a weekend is more than enough for me, thanks!

Last night the local bar was much rowdier than usual, and caused a big disturbance.  The Nerd and I slept right through the whole thing - - apparently walking 12.7 miles makes you sleep soundly.  I predict similar results tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment