Friday 28 June 2013

Another month down, it's measurement time! [with pictures]

So June, 2013 was a momentous month for me, workout-wise.  I began incorporating actual rest days into my workout routine this month, which, although initially a real challenge, appears to have been paying dividends.  I hate to admit it, but I feel super strong and energized the day after my rest day, which is the entire point, I suppose. 

But the month was momentous also for the fact that I broke into the overweight class this week, for the first time in more than a decade.  Weight loss is like a time machine - - I have traveled back to the weight I was around 2001.  I know this is the case because a couple of weeks ago I put on my canvas jacket (last done up in 2000-2001), and not only was I able to zip up the jacket, but it was easy to do so!  To be honest, I have been carting that damn jacket from place to place hoping that I would eventually be able to wear it again, and it finally happened this month.  Just in time for a heat emergency all week in Toronto.  Ah well, no one said life would be convenient. 

Today's weigh in was going to be the big mystery - - would I be able to hold onto my loss and stay in the overweight class, or would the delicious dinner the Nerd and I enjoyed last night push me back into obesity? 

STILL OVERWEIGHT!  (again, I appreciate the irony of someone being happy to be overweight - - you have to consider the direction I am coming from here).


Today after my weigh in I checked in down slightly from yesterday at 202.7 pounds, for a total loss of 2 pounds this week, and 131.2 pounds lost overall.  This brings my BMI down to 29.9, nicely at the top of the overweight zone.


I am still on track to hit my 165 pound goal somewhere between the end of November, 2013 and the end of January, 2014. 

Being as it's the end of the month (or near enough!), it's measurement time.  I am delighted to report that I lost another 3+ inches from various bits and pieces:

This month I saw decreases across the board, as everything tightens up.  So far to date I have lost more than 4 feet of me, which just blows my mind.

So what does 58" less of me look like? 

Pardon the dampness of my appearance, as we took these photographs right after I finished 75 minutes on the elliptical this morning, and I released all the glows. 

To put this in context, here's some side-by-side photos so you can see how far I have come:


I even see a difference from March to now - - my arms are more toned, and my stomach and butt are starting to shrink up a bit.  Note to self: heather grey workout gear really shows sweat. 

I have updated my goals to reflect this morning's small loss:

 
Less than 3 pounds to go to break the 200 pound barrier.  I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment