Sunday 1 December 2013

Sparkle Dress Redux - Photos

12 months ago I made a blog posting asking people whether I should wear a gold and black dress or a purple dress to my firm's annual Festive Non-Denominational Holiday Party.  The response was, overwhelmingly, the purple dress, and I wore it and felt fabulous.

Well, it's that time of year again. 

This year I got all bold and went ahead and bought a dress without crowd-sourcing input.  It's a lovely cocktail length navy thing, with sheer shoulders and, yes, sparkles.  It looks very nice with the sparkle shoes of pain, as well as the sparkle clutch of elegance. 

And, because a picture paints a thousand words, here you go:

Forgive the hair and lack of makeup, but it is Sunday morning and I did not pretty myself all up before taking the picture. 

I am now tottering around my apartment in the sparkle shoes of pain trying to encourage my feet to simply give up and accept the fabulosity without making me pray for death by the end of the evening.  Girlie's gotta sparkle at the party, after all!  Suck it up, buttercup, I am telling my feet.  We'll see how that works.



2 comments:

  1. Seriously? Holy crap! (First not very elegant words to pop into my head.) Let me rephrase and add: the second thing I thought was "Va-va-va-voom!"
    What a difference a year hath wrought!

    ReplyDelete