Saturday 14 April 2012

Continuing Baby Steps

Picture by the_green_squirrel Licensed CC By NC SA
Another week down, another week of workouts on the books.  I am happy that I worked out every weekday this week, just like the week before, and the week before that.

The program this week was 15 minutes of cardio 3x per week (12 minutes of cycling, 3 minutes of rowing), and 19 minutes of cardio twice a week (15 minutes of cycling plus 4 minutes of rowing), plus free weights 3 sets of 15 x 3, three times per week.

And for all that, I've lost another pound and a half this week, for a full 22.4 pounds down.  Yay for progress!

I am feeling both good and bad about my progress this week.  On the good side, I am thrilled that being disciplined and sticking to the program is yielding results.  No matter what happens, I am more than 22 pounds lighter than I was last year.  That's what, a big bag of rice, or a nice Christmas turkey (with stuffing). 

On the down side, I worked really, really hard this week.  I was very disciplined regarding what I ate, and I worked out at a good intensity every day.  To do all that and lose only a pound and a half is good, but a tiny amount of progress.  I am still more than 10 pounds away from my next goal, and it feels like it might as well be a million.  And I still have more than 140 pounds to lose - - that's a whole gymnast and a half, or a model and a quarter, depending on how you slice it. 

Still, baby steps is what I knew I was in for, and any forward progress is good progress, so I need to focus on the positives, and keep pushing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment