Friday 6 April 2012

Time for a quick update

I measured myself last week, after taking a full week off both my diet and exercise, and I weighed in at 315.5, or 1.8 pounds over the 313.7 I had crept up to.

In consequence, I added rowing to my routine and stepped up the cardio to 12 min bike + 2 min row + 3 sets x 15 reps arm free weights every M/W/F, and 15 min bike + 3 min row Tu/Th. I was super vigilant on what I ate, overall, and I worked out each weekday last week and this week, re-establishing the workout routine.

And the net result? Drumroll please... I have lost 2.5 pounds vs last week, and 20.9 pounds overall. I am sitting at 313 pounds right now, for a new low. Still a long, long way to go, but I am still making progress, which is the point.

And each week that I work out and watch what I eat is another week in which little things are easier for me to do. This week it was walking to a store and then grocery shopping with little difficulty - something that would have been daunting 2 months ago. My walking in the office is more purposeful, too. I may even be wheezing less, although not consistently.

Baby steps, people, but baby steps in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment