Wednesday 6 June 2012

Still Here, Still Working Out, Still Losing Weight...

Well, it's been a while since I last posted.  April was a perfect month for workouts, while May, in contrast, was a disaster.  I was demotivated and stressed at work, and many of my workouts slid by the wayside.

April 2012
Here I am sometime in April.  Yes, yes, looking very glamorous, I know.  By the time this photo was taken, I had been working out solidly for about three months.









June 2012
And here I am at the beginning of June, a couple of months later.  Can I see any progress?  Perhaps I am slightly less jowly in the mouth, and I have a tiny bit more definition in the place where my cheekbones will eventually be.  Not yet, of course, but eventually.







As for the weight, I've lost 35.3 pounds since I started working out, which means that I've hit my personal goal #2, to break 300 pounds.  OK, I'm still a super heavyweight, but I am 35 pounds less of the woman that I used to be.

This month I am back on the workout trail, and I have worked out the past 8 weekdays straight, right on plan.  I switched the workout from lower time on the bike, and higher time on the rower at moderate intensity.  Now I am working out 20 minutes on the bike, plus 2 minutes on the rower at high intensity every day.  That appears to be keeping my heart rate in a good target zone, longer. 


I am also trying out an iPad app for fun, called Gympact.  The idea behind this app is that you set a target number of workouts each week, and also how much money you want to put up for grabs.  The Pact is a weekly commitment running from Monday to Sunday. If you meet your Pact, you get a cash reward for each day committed, paid for by those who didn’t get to the gym.  In theory.  Rewards are apparently $0.50 to $0.75 per workout made. 

I worked out all last week, but the app had an update Sunday evening that wiped out my account.  I am trying it again this week to see what happens - I am 3 for 5 workouts this week, right on track for my target. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment