Tuesday 26 February 2013

100 pounds down! [with pics]

I know today is not my regularly scheduled weigh-in, but it was a momentous day that had to be recorded regardless - - I broke 100 pounds down this morning. (!)  Let's not fuss too much about exactly how obese one needs to be to be in a position to lose 100 pounds (in my case, very, very obese), let's just focus on the accomplishment.  I know that there are people out there who are my current weight and who may themselves be severely obese, and who cannot figure out why I would be so happy to be this weight - - you just have to look how far I have come.


Today I reached my major milestone #5, losing 100 pounds (well, 100.3, if you're precise with the decimals).  It has taken me 4 and a half months to drop the 36.1 pounds from my last goal of 270 pounds, and I honestly felt like this day would never come.  For the longest time the goal simply felt unattainable, and then it felt like I was trapped in the 90+ pound weight loss forever.  In reality, my weight has been coming off more or less steadily and it has just been my mind playing tricks on me, but it still feels ridiculously good to pass this milestone.

As you can see from the chart, above, my next major goal is to reach 203 pounds, which puts me into the "overweight" category as compared to "obese", my current status.  That's a loss of a further 33.9 pounds, give or take.  Based on how long it took me to reach this goal, I expect that I will hit Goal #6 sometime around the end of July or mid-August.  From there it is a further 34 pounds to get into the "normal" range, but I can't even think about that one yet.  Too far out. 

It's easy at times like this to get impatient and try to rush things, but the truth of the matter is that I have a further 68.6 pounds to lose, and it is going to take some time to get rid of that weight.  The weight did not go on all at once, and it's not going to come off all at once (barring some sort of traumatic amputation, of course).  It's doubly important now for me to keep focused on checking off the plan each day, to try and hit each week so that I can maintain my forward progress.  No point in getting all cocky now and blowing all the good work I have done to date.

I can see definite improvement in the cheekbone area, and the chin, although still jowly, is definitely getting better.  The hair is still unmanageable, but what can you do - I am not a miracle worker.


And the changes are happening all over.  I think I am approaching a size 18 (down from size 26), but I won't know for sure until I do my measurements at the end of the month.  The size 20 suits are becoming very loose on me, and where they once did not do up, now are gaping.  I like that.

We'll see what changes, if any, show up in the end of the month measurements in a couple of days.  Onward and downward!




5 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome. Congratulations. You are doing great. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you shared this!! You are such an inpsiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on MFP. Great job! You are doing amazing~
    Callie @ littlemorganpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this on MFP. This is great! I am also morbidly obese and know that it is hard work. This post is inspirational. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete