Wednesday 8 August 2012

It's Important to Celebrate the Little Things

Photo Courtesy Sharyn Morrow, Licensed CC-By-NC-ND
I have been working out steadily since the end of January, 2012, and without missing a workout day since May 28, 2012.  That's 10 1/2 weeks without skipping a workout, which is some kind of record for me.

So why do I feel so demotivated?  I think the answer is simple: I need to remember to celebrate the little things that have occurred since I first began working out.

Things like dropping a size in my jeans, and almost dropping two sizes.

Or being able to get up from the comfy chair easier when I am sitting with my lapboard, because my stomach is no longer getting in the way quite as much as it once did.

Or going out to dinner on Sunday night and being able to walk 2.5 kilometers to our friends' house after dinner, then back to the streetcar stop, without stopping for a break, or even feeling any particular discomfort at all (other than sore feet from standing around waiting for the streetcar).

And being able to do up my suit jackets, which was something I haven't been able to do since buying these suits.

And not being terrified of social engagements when people say "it's only a few blocks away, let's walk it", because I know I can walk that distance.

And achieving a normal fasting blood sugar level for the first time in (likely) a very long time.

And feeling stronger every day.

I need to make sure I do this more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment