Friday 12 October 2012

Week 38 - Progress Report - a veritable triumph!

Another week is in the books, and it was a fantastic week for weight loss.


This week I lost 3.8 pounds for a total loss of 64.1 pounds to date.  That represents a loss of 19% of my pre-workout body weight, and 38% of my overall weight loss target.  Better yet, my BMI broke 40 for the first time this week, for a value of 39.9, which puts me in Obese Class II (rather than Obese Class III).  In other words, I am now on many BMI charts, where previously, my weight put me far out on the right hand side of the desk somewhere, off the page.
 
As you know from my prior blog post, I reached my Goal #4 this week by reaching 270 pounds (now a little under) and a BMI of 39.9.  My next short term goal is to reach 265 pounds, which would put me in the heavyweight division of the UFC in MMA.  Just think, me Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar (look them up) are about the same weight.  Sheesh.  How did I let myself get to such a state?


After breaking into the heavyweight division (!), my next official goal is to lose 100 pounds.  I have 35.9 pounds to go to reach this, so perhaps by the end of February I will be there.  I don't think I will be able to reach that mark by the first anniversary of my workouts, around January 31, 2013 - - this would require continued dramatic weight loss, which is not reasonable.


I am still morbidly obese, and yes, I still have 104.8 pounds left to lose, and yes, my fasting blood sugars are still in the pre-diabetic range, but I have come so far.  A loss of 64 pounds is nothing to sniff at - - if I weren't still grotesquely overweight, that kind of weight loss would have diet companies breaking down my door to have me as a spokesperson, right beside the asterisk and "results not typical" disclaimer. 

My weight loss results in recent months have been absolutely amazing, and I credit the combination of healthy eating, lots of water, and exercise every day.  Plus, I keep mixing things up and challenging myself more every few weeks, which I think really helps keep the weight falling off.  I think adding weights this week has also really helped, and eventually I will even get to see things tone up somewhat.  Eventually, not yet.  I probably have to do more than 1 set of 12, or lift more than 4 pounds at a time. Baby steps - - first, I need to get into the routine with the weights, then I add poundage and incremental sets. 

Our planned trip to Columbus to visit the Nerd's parents has been postponed for a couple of weeks due to logistical reasons beyond my control.  Which means that this weekend can be a nice normal weekend of predictable calories and regular workouts.  How boring am I that I love that predictability?  The routine has been extremely helpful in keeping me on plan in recent months.

I am looking forward to a day off tomorrow, though!  My rest day may be a true rest day this time...!









No comments:

Post a Comment