Sunday 6 January 2013

Trying to step it up again

Photo courtesy Rickie22, Licensed CC-BY-NC-ND
Another month or so has passed, and it's time to take up the workout intensity again. 

This week I pushed the cross-ramp to 4 (from 3), while keeping the tension at 8 (around 40%).  The big push however is taking my stride rate from 100 - 120 to 120 - 130 strides per minute on average for the 50 minutes of my daily elliptical workout.

I tried the new cross-ramp and increased stride rate yesterday with a mini workout after the dinner party, and rolled it out big time this morning with my usual Sunday workout.  I have to tell you, it was a barn burner.  I was able to do it, but hoo doggy, was it the longest 50 minutes ever! 

When I think about how tough it is to do this stride rate I think about the Nerd and his usual workout of 60 minutes at 150-160 strides per minute - - I get palpitations just watching him on the machine.  I also think about how I couldn't do 100 strides per minute back in July when I first started working out on the elliptical. 

Hey, I will take signs of progress wherever I can get them.  Another day of workouts, another day stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment